01 3 / 2014
I can’t wait to go to San Diego for one of my winter guard competitions. And it’s not just because it’s my first time going to a competition not in NorCal, or whatever other reason. But my friend might be going. And she’s not just my friend, she’s my forever sister. I miss her so much. Last time I saw her was Thanksgiving break and I was so sad when she left. I can not freaking wait. 2 more weeks!!
28 2 / 2014
So, I was in photo class, and this guy next to me is so dumb. He yelled out saying, “That’s so gay!” and my teacher just looked at him angrily and was like, “Fix it.” And so I figured (like every other normal person), he would say dumb instead. BUT NO. Instead he says, “That’s so… Homosexual?” Not gonna lie, I was about to slap him right then and there. Some people these days, I swear.
23 2 / 2014
18 2 / 2014
Color Guard Questions! Send me a Number! :) Pleaseeee
- 1: Favorite piece of equipment?
- 2: Favorite WGI show?
- 3: Favorite DCI show?
- 4: Most overrated show?
- 5: Most underrated show?
- 6: Biggest guard-related pet peeve?
- 7: Favorite after-rehearsal food/guilty pleasure?
- 8: Favorite song to warm up to?
- 9: Favorite show you've performed in and why?
- 10: If you could make your own show, what would it be?
- 11: Favorite guard ever?
- 12: Cavaliers or Madison Scouts?
- 13: Most embarrassing guard moment?
- 14: Worst guard injury?
- 15: Best bus-ride memory?
- 16: How high can you toss on rifle?
- 17: How high can you toss on sabre?
- 18: Favorite dance move/jump?
- 19: Do you prefer gloves or no gloves?
- 20: Favorite color guard quote?
- 21: What show do you wish you could see live again?
- 22: Did your high school respect/appreciate your colorguard?
- 23: Thoughts on airblades?
- 24: Favorite section in marching band and why? (besides guard!)
- 25: Favorite guard hair you've had?
- 26: Post your best action shot!
- 27: Any pre-show superstitions/routines?
- 28: Do you call it a rifle or gun?
- 29: Do you call it a floor/tarp/mat?
- 30: Do you call it an end cap or crutch tip? (or other?)
- 31: Do you call it tossing or throwing?
- 32: Proudest moment in your colorguard career?
- 33: Best thing you have learned from an instructor?
- 34: How many seasons have you spun?
- 35: What made you do color guard?
- 36: Do you have pre-guard experience? (twirling, dance)
- 37: If you spin independent, how did you afford your dues?
- 38: If you could spin anywhere, who would you spin for?
- 39: Least favorite show you've spun in and why?
- 40: What year do you ageout?
- 41: What advice would you give to a new guard member?
- 42: 36" or 39"?
- 43: Color guard or winter guard?
- 44: Favorite guard-related blog(s)?
- 45: Do you like swing flags?
- 46: What do you dread doing the most at rehearsal?
- 47: Favorite flag toss?
- 48: Favorite competition food?
- 49: What are your thoughts on crazy band moms/dads?
- 50: What does your future with colorguard hold?
14 2 / 2014
So Ima share my slightly nerve-racking day today. (Sorry, it’s not as lovey-dovey as I hoped but it’s still a story :P)
So my school did these things called winter wishes, and everyone in school wrote a wish for themselves and one for someone else. And so they raise money and whatever to grant some. Throughout the year, they would go to class and grant people they’re wishes.
And today, they had an assembly where they grant a butt load of people’s wishes. As I was walking in, I saw this guy I used to really really like (btw it wasn’t a hidden love, we had a thing for a couple months) sitting at the bottom with a pass (saying that he was going to get something at the assembly). And as I sat down, I was getting so nervous because at the time we had wrote our wishes, I wished for a drum major baton for him (and yes, he is the drum major… Or at least will be next year). And I was so nervous because I thought that maybe that wish was granted.
It didn’t, and I was happy in a sort of way, but I’m glad he did get one of his wishes granted. I didn’t get any of mine but it’s alright. I figured I wouldn’t have anyways :P
So that’s my story for the day! I wanna hear how your guys’ was! Or maybe even… Your first kiss! Or your most exciting/fav kiss or whatever! And you can even ask me stuff too! I’ll answer anything truthfully :) can’t wait to hear from you guys!